I have been realizing a lot lately how DIFFERENT babies can be. I think I had heard people say that before but I might have always thought "how different can they be at 1 month old". Well I am here to tell you that they can be very different.


People have sounded surprised when I said this, but Adelaide was actually a pretty easy baby. I even remember thinking that and telling people when she was born how lucky we were that our first baby was so easy. She at least was always a good sleeper. I didn't do any sort of intentional sleep training or scheduling with her, but she kind of fell into it by herself pretty easily. Also Adelaide was a pretty even-keel baby. Sometimes this made me sad because she wasn't super smiley; it took A LOT to make her smile and it was rare that people other than me and Jason got a smile out of her.
BECKETT however... Is very extreme. He is either super smiley (after a good nap and feeding) or SUPER sad. I'm talking screaming until he has no breath left. When Adelaide cried we knew just what to do to calm her down. When Beckett cries, he makes you work to earn his happiness and quietness again. Also in his almost 7 weeks of life, Beckett has given us very few stretches I'd sleep longer than 2 or maybe 3 hrs. And the car was Adelaide's happy place. She was one if those babies who was calmed by the rumble of the engine. But Beckett cries almost every time we get in the car.



Luckily he is super cute and his times of extreme happiness definitely make up for his extreme scream-i-ness. And Adelaide still loves him so so much (and of course we do too). We can hardly keep her away from him. It's mostly adorable (except when she wakes him up). Also, we're thinking Beckett might be our snuggly baby (since we all know that Adelaide does not really like to snuggle). He is certainly always happy if he's being held. Good thing Adelade LOVES to hold her little brother!
(oh and Adelaide is in a big girl bed now! there's a glimpse of it.)




4 comments:
Is it just me or is Beckett also your BIG baby! He looks likes he's almost as long as Adelaide! Crazy how different they can be. But both are adorable of course :) Yay for iphones!!!
love this post and both of your beautiful (handsome) babies!
Oh girl. Praying you get some decent sleep soon!! I won't tell you when Sam finally started sleeping BUT it WILL happen!! But it definitely helps that he cuddles!! Sam was our cuddler too! Still is!! Miss y'all.
I think that you said this before on my blog- but Beckett and Lily are the exact same. unfortunately for us, she was (and still pretty much is) pretty intense. i have not heard a child scream so much before! it is crazy! especially after having an easy going first one. so i will be praying for you! I know it is hard. really hard...
Post a Comment