Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Announcement

No. I'm not pregnant.

This post is slightly ironic. I was going to write this, and then I read this post from my friend Elizabeth. Sorry E, but it seems I have broken your new cardinal rule.

My announcement is that I THINK going to sign up for a 10K. I know this is no big deal at all for most of you, but I haven't run a 10K - official or unofficial - since high school. And it's in just 2.5 months.... aaaannnd let's remember that I haven't worked out since October (not counting my two times since the new year). But I think having something like this will give me a reason to stay motivated and consistent. Consistency is my big downfall when it comes to exercising. Anyway, I got an email today from the Richmond Clemson Club saying that they are having a Clemson team doing the race with a "tailgate" afterward. So I think I'm signing up for the Ukrop Monument Avenue 10K in Richmond (**Anyone here in King George who wants to run it too - I would LOVE a partner!).

The irony of posting this just after E's post is that tonight when I got home from work I decided to go for a run, just to see how badly in shape I really am and how long I could go. But it is cold outside (not as cold as St. Louis these days - see's Broo's post - but about 30 or 35 degrees). So I got geared up with black shiny spandex-y long johns under my running shorts. And a long john shirt with a long sleeve tshirt and a hat and gloves and a bright orange reflective vest. These long johns are actually called "cuddle duds" They are Audrey Woita's favorite. I believe she recommended them to me :-) They are the pants that match this shirt, and you'll see at Target.com that they are out of stock. They're obviously quite popular (probably because Audrey Woita wears them). But I am 100% positive that I looked ridiculous and stupid running in the cold, in the dark with my black spandex and bright orange construction vest. But I was warm enough and people could see me.

I have til the end of the month to decide if I want to sign up.

post signature

5 comments:

Meg said...

Good for you, Lindsey! It's amazing how goal-oriented you become in your running when you sign up to run a race. I signed up in August to run the Kiawah Island Marathon and immediately thought, "Oh my goodness! I can't believe I just did that!" But I did it--4.5 months of training, early morning runs, and sore legs. But it was totally worth it! I can now say I've run a 26.2 mile race without stopping.
Have fun training!

Meg and Tim said...

Amen to the cuddle duds. I love them and have been wearing them since I was a kid. I wear them a lot (yes even in SC) underneath my clothes. Haven't paired them with the orange vest - I bet you looked HOT no doubt. - Meg Putnamb

Elisa said...

Go for it, cutie!

Jeannie said...

Do it!! I'll be your #1 supporter :) I have full faith that you can do this, no prob.

Audrey Woita said...

Cuddle me DUDS! Aren't they the greatest? Am wearing them now!!! how are you coming on training for your 10K? I know you'll be great at it.