Thursday, March 22, 2012

19.5 weeks


Okay so for those who feel they can make a more "educated" guess based on a picture, I now present to you "A Portrait of 19.5 Weeks" (well, 2 portraits, actually).



And, just as a basis of comparison, here I am at 20 weeks with Adelaide.



Also, while I'm here, a few thoughts:

- Has anyone else felt like with #2 (and I'm sure with subsequent babes), you kind of forget you're pregnant? I mean, besides all the puking, which I am still lucky enough to have around of course... I just am not always thinking about nursery decorating and registries and names and everything. We don't even know where this kid is going to sleep yet. Maybe that will come more after we know what we're having and can plan more?

- That reminds me... To share a room or not to share a room?? That is the question. Any thoughts? We have heard from people who had problems with the kids waking each other up, but on the other hand, I feel like people have to do it all the time, right?  We do have an extra room, but I am just hesitant to give up a guest room. Really what would be ideal is if Schub didn't have to work at home and we could just use his office :-) (just kidding, schuby. i love that you work at home). Thoughts?

- It is way better to be at home as opposed to working while pregnant.  1.) I can puke without strangers in the bathroom hearing me. 2.) I can nap. which I do.

- I feel like I had more to say, but now all I can think about is American Idol and kicking a soccer ball on Bowman field because it's so nice outside (Oh Clemson, how I miss thee) and how funny I think my girlfriends from college are.

5 comments:

Sara Littlejohn said...

we did not share rooms until after the one year mark. there are just so many middle of the night incidents that we just avoided it. no one call DHS, but closets make great bedrooms too!!

Lea said...

you are the cutest. and your belly looks exactly the same size as with adelaide! I love your thoughts and want to know what you guys decide about room sharing. tough decision. And I have no idea what we would do right now. I would hate to give up the guestroom too... Can't wait for the gender reveal! yah we are all really funny aren't we? love you :)

Brooke said...

we are still going to make our kids share a room but it hasn't happened yet. so for the first 4 months sam slept in our room in a bassinet. and now he sleeps in a pack n play in steven's office. his naps take place wherever we can find an open spot. not ideal but works for now.

you are cute.

brooke b said...

brooke's idea is good -- and makes me recall other friends who did things like that (e.g. kids share a room but pack and plays were around the house for naps. and good point about the closet!! yours is huge and the babe could certainly sleep in there! so -- all of the stuff is in one room, but the babe's bed is in your closet (after the swing or bas. leaves the side of your bed). ??

adorable of course. can't wait for our new nephew!!

Jennifer Knight said...

First, congrats on the baby boy! I dont know what it is about baby #2. I had to keep reminding myself daily that "I am pregnant" and "I need to start on a nursery here soon". I dont think it officially sunk-in until week 28..and that is probably why we still arent finished with her room!