Adelaide turned 1 month old last Friday! Crazy. And fun. She is adorable. Just trust me on that since I'm not posting a picture. We went to the pediatrician and here's where she stands:
- 8 lbs 4oz (25th percentile... this is right on track. At 2 weeks she was 7lbs 6oz, so she gained 14 ounces in 14 days! go girl.)
- 21 inches long (50th percentile... who knew I could have a child of average height?!)
- 14 inch head circumference (25th percentile... but who really cares about the head circumference???)
She is starting to smile and "coo" a little bit - especially in the mornings after a good night sleep and her first feeding and diaper change of the day.
She loves to watch the mobile above her swing and the look at the tissue paper pom pom thingies above the changing table.
She took her first bottle from Daddy Schub last night. Homegirl downed like 5 ounces in less than 10 minutes. It's good to know that she will take a bottle so that Schub can feed her if he wants or we can give a bottle to a babysitter or give her a bottle while we're out doing errands or something if we needed to.
Last night she slept 6 hours at one stretch (with assistance from the swing, which we started putting her in to sleep a couple weeks ago). It was awesome and I hope she keeps up the good work.
She still has lots and lots of hair, beautiful eyes and skin, and I love to watch her stretch, and I kind of love it when she starts to cry and her little bottom lip starts to poke out.
2 comments:
I'm impressed with the bottle stats. It takes Sarah about 45 minutes to drink 5 oz. It seems like F O R E V E R.
I know you are busy and all, but my heart needs to see more pictures of Adelaide. :)
Yeah, who cares about head circumference...it's only measuring brain growth, not important ;)
-Doc
Post a Comment